Tikkun Olam, or leaving the world better than we found it, is a vital part of Jewish tradition. Whether you’re looking for a one-off activity or a longer commitment, Federation offers lots of ways to improve the world right here in Greater Hartford.
5 Ways to Share Your Time and Talents
Federation’s current volunteer opportunities include:
- Children's Reading Partners — Read with an at-risk student during the school day or after school in Hartford, Bloomfield, East Hartford, Manchester, New Britain or West Hartford. Choose a placement for the entire school year or a shorter commitment in the spring or summer. Ages 12 and up. Training required.
- Shabbat Shalom Greater Hartford — Pick up a Shabbat “care package” (challah, grape juice, etc.) from the Mandell JCC, deliver the package to a homebound senior, and stay for a friendly visit. A long-term commitment is encouraged. Great for families! Training required.
- Jessie’s Community Gardens — Volunteer at one of 13 local community gardens that raise fresh produce for the hungry. Volunteers are needed to water, weed and harvest from late spring to early fall. Some opportunities are available for students.
- Phone-a-thon Volunteer — Make phone calls to past Federation donors to help raise money for the Annual Campaign. Happens year-round; one-off opportunities available. Teens and adults welcome. Training required; script provided.
- Thank You Calls — Make phone calls to Federation donors to thank them for their recent gift. Happens year-round; one-off opportunities available. Teens and adults welcome. Brief training required.
Do something good and feel great about it! Become a Federation volunteer today.
To learn more, please contact Alana Butler.