Are you in a financial bind? Do you need help to pay medical or legal bills, send your children to day school, or keep your small business afloat?
Greater Hartford Jewish community members now have a new place to turn: the Jewish Free Loan Fund of Greater Hartford. It provides interest-free loans to help you overcome financial hurdles and seize new opportunities with dignity and confidentiality.
- Loans of up to $5,000 are available
- Uses include but are not limited to: home repairs, vehicle repairs and purchases, moving expenses, legal fees, medical/dental expenses, insurance, income/property taxes, funeral expenses, living expenses, job re-training, Jewish day school tuition, education, child care/camp, adoptions/in vitro fertilization, bar and bat mitzvah celebrations
Small Business Loans
- Loans of up to $7,500 are available
- Uses include but are not limited to: operating costs, marketing expenses, equipment, and COVID-19 related supplies and upgrades
How to Apply
To apply for an interest-free loan, you'll submit an application, meet with a Jewish Free Loan staff member, and obtain qualified guarantors.
Who Is Eligible
To apply for a loan, you must be:
- A member of a Greater Hartford Jewish household or business in which one person identifies themselves as Jewish (click here for eligible towns);
- At least 21 years of age;
- Employed, in search of employment, and/or have other sources of income, such as government assistance or retirement income sufficient to service the loan; and
- You must also have a bank account for automatic monthly loan repayments.
For more information, to apply for a loan, or to donate to the Jewish Free Loan Fund, email us at JewishFreeLoan@jewishhartford.org.