Are you in a financial bind? Do you need help to pay medical or legal bills, send your children to day school, or keep your small business afloat?
Local Jewish community members now have a new place to turn: the Jewish Free Loan Fund of Greater Hartford. It provides interest-free loans to help you overcome financial hurdles and seize new opportunities with dignity and confidentiality.
- Loans totaling $10,000 per household are now available
- Uses include but are not limited to: home repairs, vehicle repairs and purchases, credit card consolidation, moving expenses, legal fees, medical/dental expenses, insurance, income/property taxes, funeral expenses, living expenses, job re-training, Jewish day school tuition, education, child care/camp, adoptions/in vitro fertilization, bar and bat mitzvah celebrations
Small Business Loans
- Loans totaling $15,000 per business are now available
- Uses include but are not limited to: operating costs, marketing expenses, equipment, and COVID-19 related supplies and upgrades
Who Is Eligible
To apply for a loan, you must be:
- A member of a Connecticut Jewish household or business in which one person identifies themselves as Jewish (click here for eligible towns) or be an employee of a Connecticut Jewish agency or synagogue for at least 6 months;
- At least 21 years of age;
- Employed, in search of employment, and/or have other sources of income, such as government assistance or retirement income sufficient to service the loan; and
- You must also have a bank account for automatic monthly loan repayments.
How to Apply
To apply for an interest-free loan, you'll submit an application, meet with a Jewish Free Loan staff member, and obtain qualified guarantors.
- Familiarize yourself with the application form first, so you'll know what documents to gather. You can view or download a PDF of the form here.
- When you have gathered all the supporting materials, please email JewishFreeLoan@jewishhartford.org to request a digital application.
For more information, for questions about the application, or to donate to the Jewish Free Loan Fund, email us at JewishFreeLoan@jewishhartford.org.