The Association of Jewish Cemeteries of Greater Hartford provides these 30 sacred burial grounds with the proper maintenance and respect they deserve. Lawn care, snow removal, fence repairs, masonry work, tombstone resetting, burials and general upkeep provide dignity to our Hartford ancestors. The Association also assists callers with locating burial plots of their family members. If the Association of Jewish Cemeteries did not step in, these final resting spaces would have continued to decline.
According to Jewish law, caring for the dead is "the truest act of kindness," or chesed shel emet. Federation is proud to make these cemeteries a community priority.
Local cemeteries served:
- All Jews Cemetery, Zion Hill
- Aaron Association, Garden Street
- Albany Jewish Center, Garden Street
- Bess Israel, corner of Waverly Street/Cleveland Avenue Ext. (aka Barbour St. Congregation)
- Beth Jacob (Hurlbut Street in the Elmwood neighborhood of West Hartford)
- Brahilover Benevolent Association, Cleveland Avenue
- Capital City Lodge, Zion Hill (aka Moses Montefiore)
- Charter Oak Society, FD Oates Way (aka Worker’s Circle #936)
- Dreyfus Lodge, Zion Hill
- Farband Labor Zionist, Cleveland Avenue Ext.
- First CT Benevolent, North Main Street (aka Old North)
- First Ludmir, Cleveland Avenue Ext.
- Hartford Beth El, Cleveland Avenue (aka Posner Street)
- Hartford City Lodge, Tower Avenue
- Hartford City Lodge, Zion Hill
- Hartford Free Burial (aka Chesed Shel Emes)
- Hartford Progressive, FD Oates Way (aka Worker’s Circle #610)
- Hartford Sick Benefit, Garden Street
- Hartford Sick Benefit, Zion Hill
- Hebrew Merchants, Garden Street
- Hope of Zion, Cleveland Avenue Ext. (aka Tikvath)
- Jewish War Veterans, Cleveland Avenue (aka B’nai Yisrael)
- Jonathan Welfare, Tower Avenue/Garden Street
- Ludmir Young Men’s Benevolent Association, Tower Avenue
- Moses Montefiore, Zion Hill
- Share Torah, Tower Avenue
- Share Torah, Zion Hill
- Workman’s Circle #15, corner of Garden Street/Cleveland Avenue
- Workman’s Circle #184, FD Oates Way
- Young Friend’s Progressive, Garden Street
Please note: Mahl Avenue has been renamed FD Oates Way. All cemeteries are in Hartford, except for Beth Jacob.
Sunday through Friday
Sunrise to Sunset